Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Post Surgery X-Rays

Posted by Dee C on 8/27/04 at 16:45 (158823)

Had regular PF release surgery 3 mos. ago and just had some new x-rays taken. The heel spur is still there. Dr. said he filed it down but looks similar. Do some Dr.s leave the spur and just release the fascia? Still feel heel and arch pain too and Dr. thought it strange. But after reading people's experiences on this board, I think I am still in the early stages of healing! Would love to hear from any of you Dr.s! Can't get much of an explanation from my Dr.

Re: Post Surgery X-Rays

Dr. Z on 8/27/04 at 17:13 (158828)

Hi
It could be the angle of the x-ray. The pf release is what can gave you relief. The filing of the spur has nothing to do with the outcome. It can be six months plus for pain relief/healing time . Just curious what kind of docotr did your foot surgery.? Strange that your doctor is confused without any explanation

Dee C on 8/27/04 at 19:25 (158838)

Thank you, Dr. Z, for replying. My Dr. is a podiatrist. He is an older Dr. who has been in this city for many years. He was my referral from my HMO personal care physician. He did give me a RX for new orthotics to be made as the ones I had pre-surgery hurt me a lot. My feet seem to have lengthened. I guess that happens. He also removed a Tailor's bunion on the other foot the same day. Tho he doesn't seem to think I should be in pain--I sure can only walk slowly and not too far!! Also, the angle of the latest x-ray is different than the first one like you said it may be. The spur is much more distinct on the latest x-ray.

Dr. Z on 8/28/04 at 08:15 (158852)

PF surgery takes six months to one year to heal. May need physical therapy to address other foot complaints.

Roflmao on 8/28/04 at 14:55 (158877)

Hellow there DR. Z WHAT GOOD HAVE YOU DONE FOR ME WHEN I BROKE MY FOOT TWO YEARS AGO??? IT SEEM I SPENT ALOTS OF MONEY GOING TO DOCTERS AND BY THE WAY MY SPRUNG KNEE HAS HEALED FINE WITHOUT SEEING A DOCTER!!!!