Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fracture of the Talus

Posted by Colleen on 8/27/04 at 17:39 (158833)

At work I happen to lift a piece of luggage that was around 97 pounds and it fell on my right foot. The pain was very uncomfortable but I just thought I bruised the top of my foot. I spent about another 14 hours that day on my foot, still in alot of pain. The next day I couldn't take it anymore and went to the hospital only to find out that I fractured my Talus. I have a splint on it and I am going to the Ortho on Monday for a Cam Walker. My question is.. Is a cam walker better then a regular cast for my foot. Any pressure on my foot causes me alot of pain.. Any info you can give me would be great... Thanks

Colleen

Re: Fracture of the Talus

Dr.David Wander on 8/28/04 at 07:21 (158849)

It depends on the type of fracture of the talus. If it is a small chip, a cam walker may be OK. If it is a more complete fracture, I would recommend a rigid cast. Talar fractures can also be intra-articular (involving the joint) and depending on the fracture site, your doctor may want to order a CT scan.

Roflmao on 8/28/04 at 14:53 (158876)

HEY DAVED ARE YOU REALLY A DOCTER??? THESE PEOPLE NEED TO SEEK PERSON TO PERSON HELP. AND WHY DO YOU INSIST ON GIVING PEOPLE FREE ADVISE?? DON,T FORGET A DOCTER CAN NOT DO TESTINGS ON A MESSAGE BOARD.

Dr. David S. Wander on 8/29/04 at 09:22 (158905)

I'm not sure why I'm even responding to your post. If you've read most of my posts, I often tell patients to seek the advice of their doctors, since I can't make a diagnosis over the internet. I don't make diagnoses over the internet, but I often provide advice regarding questions that patients may want to ask their doctors. Now why don't you get a life and find something constructive to do. Learning how to spell may be a good start.

Julie on 8/29/04 at 09:36 (158907)

Not 'SHOUTING' would be pleasant as well.