Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

hypothyroidism and foot pain? any relation

Posted by ramies on 8/28/04 at 20:10 (158892)

I was wondering if there seemed to be a connection between hypothyroidism and plantar fascitis.. I asked as I have very tight calf muscles along with fibro problems and I tend to connect that problem with not getting the right proportion yet of T3 to my T4.

Re: hypothyroidism and foot pain? any relation

Tina H. on 8/28/04 at 20:46 (158894)

This is an interesting question for me as well. I have wondered the same thing. I have hypothyroidism and had my first case of pf a year after my thyroid condition was noticed. I know(this from my orthopedic hand surgeon) that there is a connection between hypothyroidism and carpal tunnel syndrome so it doesn't seem too far a stretch to think there might be a link to pf or more likely tarsal tunnel. Any one have more info on this topic?

Re: hypothyroidism and foot pain? any relation

Lori S. on 9/04/04 at 00:42 (159261)

Hypothyroidism can cause problems with tendons,, at least that is what I have been told...... Course.... it seems any thyroid problem causes your whole body to be screwed up. I have been adjusting my meds over 3 years now.... I hope you find your proper dosage...... and may we all find the answer to treating our PF.........
time for bed........ sweet dreams......... Lorinda