Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Recumbent Execise Bicycle

Posted by Dee C on 8/29/04 at 21:50 (158940)

I had PF release surgery on one foot and Tailor's bunion surgery on the other foot May 28 of this year. I'd like to start exercising again and thought I'd buy a recumbent exercise bicycle. I'm not able to join a gym nor do I have access to a pool or various exercise classes. I have no problem purchasing a recumbent exercise bike, however. My concern is finding a way to use the bike without any damage to my recovery.

Re: Recumbent Execise Bicycle

Kristie on 8/30/04 at 11:21 (158972)

I don't know about that specialized bike but I too had PF release surgery and biking is great. I love it. The foot doesn't do the work in biking it's more your knee and quads. I hate to walking to get my bike but I can bike five mile a day without a problem. Have fun.

I had my surgery May 7th and started biking in mid July.

Re: Recumbent Execise Bicycle

Dee C on 8/30/04 at 18:33 (159008)

That's great, Kristie! Have been following your case and so happy for you. Still, the recumbent exercycle would work best for me as long as it doesn't make my feet worse! Have a pretty bad arthritis problem in my back also. Still haven't heard from anyone who uses one in their homes. Thanks for your message!

Re: To Dee

Kristie on 8/31/04 at 07:56 (159024)

Thanks for your support Dee.