Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pf surgery in May...in terrible pain now

Posted by Kristie on 8/31/04 at 15:39 (159037)

I had PF release surgery on My 7th. I was doing great: bike riding, going to the gym, driving a little. It was the best summer I have had in the last three years because of PF.

Last week my foot starting bothering me and I had terrible sciatica pain. The sciatica pain is under control but the foot hurts a lot. The arch is very tight and inside part of my foot were the heel and the arch meets has a very sharp pain the runs up the leg. I can't stand on my foot for any length of time. The pain is to terrible at times I get sick to my stomach.

Has this ever happen to anyone else who has had PF release surgery? I feel the same was I felt before the surgery. I see my doctor tomorrow. Thank God.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Re: Pf surgery in May...in terrible pain now

Kathy G on 8/31/04 at 15:41 (159041)

Kristie,

I have no words of wisdom but I do feel badly that you are experiencing so much pain. I hope that the doctor can find some answer for you!

Dr. Z on 8/31/04 at 16:00 (159043)

This could be a tarsal tunnel nerve problem, stress fracture, tendonitis

Kristie on 8/31/04 at 16:56 (159058)

Thank Dr. Z,

What is tarsal tunnel nerve problem? Ca it be cured?

Re: I saw the doctor yesterday

Kristie on 9/02/04 at 08:23 (159143)

I saw the doctor yesterday. She told me not to worry probably just over use. I was just having to much fun using my new foot. She told me to have limited activity for two weeks. I'm going to try and use my crutches in the morning for a while. She also put me on a different anti-inflammatory, Bextra.

It was great seeing the doctor and she put my mind at ease. I just hope this works. This pain is a lot different. I guess because of the surgery and the swelling. Thanks for you advice and I'll keep you posted. Hope your all feeling good today.