Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis

Posted by Debbie B on 8/31/04 at 20:59 (159072)

I have recently been diagnosed as having plantar fasciitis, however, I am not sure this is what I have. The pain is not in the middle or arch of my foot. The pain is along the lateral side. The pain is so bad I cannot put pressure on this foot. With the pain being on this side of the foot, does it still sound like I have plantar fasciitis .

Also, a friend has indicated that 3 teaspoons of physillium (found in Metumucil) per day should help reduce or eliminate the pain in about a month. Have you heard of this as a treatment?

Re: Plantar Fasciitis

Pauline on 9/01/04 at 13:38 (159093)

Debbie,
I'm not a doctor just a former P.F. sufferer. I've been on the board about 3 years and this is the first posting I've seen about using physillium. Perhaps others have heard about this. I don't think it would hurt you if you want to try it because many people with colon problems use this product on a daily basis. To be safe you might want to check with your doctor and would want to make certain that you are not allergic to
physillium by starting with a small amount. As you increase you may notice a change in your bowels with gas etc.etc. so watch how much you take.

The Plantar Fascia consists of 3 bands I believe, so it is possible that your lateral band is the one causing the problem for you. If you do have P.F. make certain you read Scott's heel pain book on this site. It will provide you with a wealth of information and conservative treatment to try no matter which part of your P.F. is hurting.