Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birks from the German site

Posted by Debbie A. on 9/01/04 at 23:33 (159132)

I have been waiting eleven (11) weeks for a pair of Birkenstocks that I ordered from Gobuyeurope with the free delivery My credit card was charged one week after I ordered. I ordered from the German site after reading about it here. I just wanted others who read about it here to know that if they decide to order that it could be a very long wait.

Re: Birks from the German site

Pauline on 9/02/04 at 09:06 (159151)

Your story makes the S & H charged by QVC when ordering Birks sound better than an 11 week wait unless of course you can't get the same shoe in the states for the same price.

Julie on 9/02/04 at 09:51 (159156)

It's a choice you made. The shoes are much cheaper, but because they come from Germany you have to wait for them to be delivered (unless you pay for airmail postage). The German site makes it clear (or did, last time I looked) that delivery outside Europe can take 12 weeks. Maybe yours will arrive next week.

AmyM on 9/02/04 at 14:30 (159163)

Hi

I ordered some birks in at the start of July, from the German website, I haven't got them yet and my credit card has not been charged, I'd paid the extra money for the express shipping. I tried emailing but got no response. I'm giving up on them but at least I've not been charged. By the way if any of you are in Ireland there is a Birkenstock shop in Wexford tht stocks the full range, it's slightly more expensive but at least you get to try them on.

Suzanne D. on 9/03/04 at 20:48 (159258)

Debbie, I'm sorry it's taking so long for you to receive your shoes, and I hope they come soon! Over the past three years, I have ordered six pairs from the German site - partly because they are so much cheaper but also because I've found shoes (such as my camel-colored Annapolis)there that I cannot find in the US.

The longest I've had to wait was 8 weeks, and that was this summer. Some pairs have come in four or five weeks, and I've always used the economy ground shipping.

Good luck in receiving your shoes!
Suzanne :)

Anne L on 9/04/04 at 02:17 (159268)

Many workers in European countries, such as Germany and Italy, take their vacations during July and August, up to 4 weeks long. The European manufacturers' production and deliveries are delayed for a few weeks around these months.

Also, with the latest security alerts, international postal and custom services have added delays. Even the 2004 Summer Olympics Games in Greece may have caused the production and delivery delays...more feet, higher demands...

The delivery times also depends are whether the shoes are in stock or need to be produced.

You should eventually receive the shoes.

Good Luck!

Anne L on 9/04/04 at 02:38 (159269)

Not sure if you attempted this action or not. But at the Gobuyeurope German website, there is a link on the right side, below the Chinese language option, with an envelope.

http://www.jestel.biz/mainform.htm

The link brings you to a website where you can do

1) order status
2) change or update order
3) returns or exchanges
4) questions, queries and contacts.

I did not need to use any of these contact methods. You need to use the order information received from the confirmation email that the German website sent to you. Give it a try for the delayed order.

Good Luck!