Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Posted by PUPPERSMOM on 9/02/04 at 01:36 (159136)

Have numbness in big and second toe on both feet. What causes this?

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/03/04 at 11:17 (159233)

The deep peroneal nerve runs in between the first and second toes. Any thing that traumatized the area or the area on top of your foot behind the numb area?

ErinL on 9/10/04 at 13:55 (159651)

I have had numbness in my second toe on both feet for quite some time. For several years, when wearing closed-toe shoes, those toes would go numb, and I thought they just fell asleep, so I would wiggle them and they would be ok. Well, a couple of weeks ago I noticed that those two toes were constantly numb. It's not the entire toe, just in between that one and the big toe, and towards the top. It is really strange. On both feet they are that way. When I wiggle them I feel tingling. I made an appointment to see my doctor, but it's not for a while. Does this progressively get worse and spread up the leg or anything?

DeeH on 9/23/04 at 19:18 (160419)

What did you find out about your symptoms? I have numbness on the back of my second and third toe on my left foot. This has been going on for a week. Your symptoms sounded so similair to mine, I thought you could give me some insight.