Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To Dr. Ed

Posted by Pauline on 9/03/04 at 08:12 (159212)

Dr. Ed,
What ever happened to Sonny from Canada? He posted the merits of and used a low energy machine in his clinic almost all the time. When he was posting on this site more often and inviting readers to try low energy it seemed a far more acceptable treatment. When you attempt to mention its merits the feeling I get is that it went from being acceptable via Sonny to unacceptable by Dr. Ed. This of course is just my observation.

To me that is sad because it offers another option to patients that we don't hear about too much anymore whether you discuss it or Sonny.

Re: To Dr. Ed

john h on 9/03/04 at 09:44 (159214)

I think Sonny was working for Bayshore which I think shut its doors. He was a highly informed person. Not a Doctor but seemed to know ESWT inside and out.

Dr. Z on 9/03/04 at 09:47 (159215)

John,
Sonny was a gentleman and contributed much

Dr. Z on 9/03/04 at 09:50 (159218)

Pauline,
I would be happy to discuss low, high and and type of ESWT treatment protocol. When did you get the impression that Dr. Ed presentation of low energy or any type of energy for ESWT protocol was unacceptable.

Pauline on 9/03/04 at 10:44 (159224)

John,
Didn't he move to a new location after Bayshore closed where they were still going to offer treatment?

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/03/04 at 11:03 (159226)

Pauline:
Sunny separated from Bayshore and started 'Pain-Free' ESWT Center. His add was on the ESWT Board. He is very knowledgeable and wish he would post more.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/03/04 at 11:09 (159229)

Pauline:
Yes, his new clinic is still advertised on Scott's ESWT Board. Perhaps you can give me a hand in encouraging him to post more since he has a lot of knowledge to share...
Ed

Pauline on 9/03/04 at 11:10 (159230)

Me too Dr. Ed. I'd like to see him along with you posting more about low energy too. It really seems to have dropped by the wayside.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/03/04 at 12:59 (159236)

Pauline:

You may want to check the Sonorex website: http://www.sonorex.com to see where the locations are in the US. More machines are placed in orthopedic clinics due to the elbow indication. Quite of bit of it is being done but on a cash basis as in Canada. Add to the US locations, al the people going to Pain-Free Treatment Centers and the several Sonorex Centers in Canada and you will see that it has far from fallen by the wayside. We are just quietly getting people better with low energy. I wish more of the treatment successes would come to the site for testimonials but once cured, 'bam,' the patients are gone and want to get on with their lives.

I was amazed, a few years back, when visiting the Sonorex Center in Vancouver, how many autographed photos of pro basketball players and other athletes they have on their walls.
Ed

Pauline on 9/03/04 at 14:32 (159241)

Good update Dr. Ed. Maybe because its just not talked about here too much anymore gave me the idea it had fallen by the wayside. With Sonny gone it will be up to you to remind our readers about this mode of treatment and hopefully Sonny will stop by again.

john h on 9/04/04 at 14:41 (159302)

Sonorex is alive and well in Australia. If there was one near me I would be on it because the price makes it an alternative worth trying. There are several in Memphis which is about 3 hours away but you need several treatments. Last time I talked to them it seems it was around $800? Does that sound right ED? That was for either 3-4 treatments.

john h on 9/04/04 at 14:52 (159305)

Pauline: I do not know.

Dr. Z on 9/04/04 at 15:31 (159310)

In my area it is the same if not more then high energy.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/04/04 at 15:54 (159320)

John:
Yes. The price has come down. I am charging $749 for a set of 3 treatments per foot. The price is modest and the profit margin low. Nevertheless, I may have already treated many of such patients with other modalities, most of which are cured. I want this tool for the 'intractable' cases as I simply want as few treatment failures as possible. Also, we have GOT to keep as many people away from surgery as possible--see my post above per my conversation with Dr. Cocheba.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/04/04 at 15:55 (159321)

Sorry John but the post is on the surgery board.
Ed