Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

streches

Posted by z.g on 9/04/04 at 00:55 (159262)

Hi
i have pain on my right foot for a year now... it has the syptoms of pf
for the last months i had pain near my heel on the inner side
ive started doing streches 2 weeks ago, every day for 1/2 an hour 2 times a day, it seriously decreased the pain near my heel, but steal, i have pain over my arch, i dont feel comfortable when i step over my foot,i feel like im stepping on a 'stick' under my arch, and the bottom line is,i dont 'realy' feel healthy, the thing is by now im quite flexible in the right foot even more than the left (healthy) one
is it possible i got to a stage where the streches are not effective ?
how can i decrease the pain in the arch ? (the pain in the heel decreased)
how long does it take to 'realy' feel better after doing streches ?(1 month ,2 etc...) im asking that because until 2-3 weeks ago i didnt do any streches, but as i said, im quite flexible
Thanks

Re: anyone, any idea ? ......

z.g on 9/06/04 at 05:34 (159397)

anyone, any idea ? ......

Kathy G on 9/06/04 at 08:53 (159410)

Well, z.g, I'm not a doctor but you don't mention having gone to one and gotten a definitive diagnosis. I would think that should be your first step, no pun intended. Then you could find out if the stretches you are dong are the correct ones for the condition you have. In the meantime, many of us here use Julie's Yoga Stretches and find them to be the most effective.

Good luck!

z.g on 9/06/04 at 11:35 (159417)

Hi
i went to see a doctor and he diagnosed me,
im positive the strches i do are correct ...
ill be happy to hear opinions on my questions ...
Thanks