Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spur

Posted by Jean on 9/06/04 at 21:14 (159458)

I was diagnosed with a heel spur through xray, sent to a podiatrist, he said I should buy custom orthotics costing $400.00. When I told him I could not afford that at this time, since my insurance does not cover it, he grabbed my foot, touch ed the side of it, said 'does this hurt' I yelped, yes. He stuck a needle of something in it, said 'I will see you in 3 weeks, Nice to meet you.' That evening I had a reaction to whatever he gave me, called him, he said it was dexamethasone, and that was unusual, take some Benadryl and we won't use it again. The shot did nothing but make the side of my heel hurt worse. I have been massaging my foot and stretching. I am a nurse and work 12 hour shifts. I also trained in Nov. 2002 for a 1/2 marathon, and ran it with no problems from my feet. I also, ran/walked a full marathon in Dec. 2003, with sore feet after, but mnot this kind of pain. I do have inserts from a physical therapist from when I ran to go into Brooks running shoes. I did not run for about 6 weeks, (I only ran a couple miles, like 3 times a week after the marathons)because my right foot slowly started having pain, up until I could not run or walk without pain. That is where I am at. I take Ibuprofen on a regular basis, 800mg twice a day, doesn't help. Any ideas. I have to work. Thanks.