Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Football season is underway! Jimmy Buffett, and general this and that!

Posted by Kathy G on 9/10/04 at 13:42 (159650)

I know the majority of you don't care but I'm very happy! And I'd like to report that this year, I actually figured out how to activate my wide receivers so my Fantasy Football teams should do better. I have two of them because this was my first time doing a live draft and I had to figure it out. It was fun and I had to rest my feet so I decided to draft a second one.

Last night's game was really exciting and I'm pleased to say that the Patriot's won, just by the skin of their teeth!

This is the first September, in about twelve years, that we haven't gone to the Jimmy Buffett show and it feels very strange. It's always been the last fling of the summer. He's playing tonight and Sunday night at Fenway Park. We just decided that half the fun is watching the crazy Parrotheads tailgating and they're not allowing that at Fenway. And, I might add, I hate Buffett's new album which is full of Country and Western music to which I'm not partial. I like a few C&W songs but for the most part, it's just not my thing. So, we skipped it this year.

Okay, I promise no more posts about football until the Super Bowl! And while I'm on the subject of sports, I would love to know how Vijay Singh beat PF. He's now ranked number one, ahead of Tiger Woods. He had PF a couple of years ago and had to take time off. My husband reads a couple of Golf magazines and he says there's never any mention of it. Then again, Vijay got himself into a lot of hot water with some comments he made and he tends not to talk very much to the press. Whatever he did, it worked because I just don't see how you could play professional golf with PF.

All right, I'm through rambling! :)

Re: Football season is underway! Jimmy Buffett, and general this and that!

Cyndi on 9/10/04 at 14:08 (159652)

Kathy,
I am also a huge Jimmy Buffet Fan and he never comes my city so I was really hoping they would film a concert on DVD. He is at his best just playing like he does and forget the music videos. I do love the Alan Jackson video with him, and it just gives me Mental Floss to put me in the place I Love,when listenig to his music. In the good old days I had a sailboat, and learned his songs so well.

I have been watching the Mariner's on 'Extra Innings' Dish Network. I also love the Puget Sound. Lived there till 911 happened and thought I was in heaven. Hubby lost his IT job and still has not recovered. I am not helping by not being able to work, But, Yep Football will help!
Mojo Magic

Re: golfers with PF (old news)

Linda V. on 9/10/04 at 15:02 (159664)

NO FOOT JOY

Vijay Singh plans to take the next three weeks off because of plantar fasciitis, the same foot injury that has bothered Mark Calcavecchia.

Singh began wearing a boot cast to bed last month to keep his calf and heel flexible.

While it causes discomfort when he walks, Singh managed to win the Houston Open two weeks ago and got within two strokes of Tiger Woods in the final round of the Masters until he took a quadruple-bogey 9 on No. 15.

Singh had planned to play in a Skins event in India this week. Thetournament has been rescheduled

Suzanne D. on 9/10/04 at 17:50 (159676)

Kathy, I must admit that I really never knew quite what you were writing about when you mentioned in the past about Fantasy Football. But this season, my husband, son-in-law, and some friends are engaged in that, and they are quite excited! Last night, my son-in-law, a friend, and my husband watched the game among much cheering and teasing and just happy noise in general. I didn't know a thing about what was going on, but I was glad they were having a good time! I went on to bed before the game was over as we have 7 a.m. faculty meetings each Friday morning. But now at least I have an idea about what Fantasy Football is! Good luck to you and your team!

Suzanne :)

Kathy G on 9/10/04 at 19:14 (159693)

I'm sorry you never got to see him, Cyndi. Maybe sometime in the future. The man is extraordinary and just keeps on going. He is smart enough to realize that he is losing his voice and featured several country artists on his latest album. He says he always tried to make it in Nashville but they wouldn't accept him. The album debuted at number one!

John, he just said that there are representatives of the Cub's organization there because he would love to play Wrigley field and they're in negotiation.

Cyndi, (I'm all over the place tonight!), the best show I ever saw was the one with no theme. It was in 1993 or 1994, I think - and he just came out on the stage and played, with the Coral Reefers and the Reeferettes, of course. His voice was still good and he just played some of my favorites. Only once did I find a show disappointing but I can't remembe what one it was.

They have special street signs all around Fenway saying, 'No parking or you'll be searching for more than your lost shaker of salt.'

And for everyone, keep in mind that this man plays all his shows barefoot! He dances all over the stage. I've only seen him wearing shoes once! I just cringe!

And last, but not least, I'm glad you at least get an idea of what I'm talking about when I mention fantasy football, Suzanne. I love football no matter what but this gives it a little extra spark. I'd love for my teams to do better than my son's but it'll never happen!

Kathy G on 9/10/04 at 19:23 (159696)

My admiration for the man is all the greater! I can't even imagine walking a golf course with PF, not to mention playing each hole! His face shows no pain. He's quite amazing. I hope his rest helps him!

Where did you find this out, Linda? Of course, I never did a search or anything on him but I was sure that it would be mentioned in oneof the golf magazines.

john h on 9/10/04 at 20:34 (159705)

Kathy: Albert Pujouls perhaps the best player in the National League has been playing with heel pain all year. They have not said it is PF but it sure sounds like it. They were saying he might have surgery after the season is over. He had better read our board first. He will probably be a $15-$20 million dollar a year player in the near future. He says it is hard to even go on the field each day.

john h on 9/10/04 at 20:37 (159707)

Vijay overtook Tiger this past week as the #1 player in the world. Not bad for a guy from Fiji. I did not even know they had a golf course there.

Bob G on 9/11/04 at 00:51 (159718)

Hey, I just got to say PF can be beat. I still footflex most mornings before I go beach jogging. No pain whatsoever. Took me a few years of mostly rest and a few weeks or months of nightsplint, but I eventually won.

I saw Jimmy Buffett a few years ago, was okay, like his music, but moreso his book, A Pirate Turns Fifty - a fun read. Enjoy!

Go Raiders!!!