Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

How are Dr Sandell's patients doing these days ?

Posted by Mike M on 9/10/04 at 14:16 (159653)

Just wondering

Re: How are Dr Sandell's patients doing these days ?

goose on 9/13/04 at 11:04 (159816)

Hey Mark,

I am doing pretty well. I would say my feet are 90-95% improved. I can run 3 miles and walk was much as I want. I am even back in normal shoes. I had about 15-20 treatments per foot to get better but it was well worth it!

Thanks for checking in - I hope you are improving as well...

Linda V. on 9/13/04 at 15:36 (159823)

none of my business really...but i would like you to estimate how much that cost you (don't include insurance). i have already spent a lot of money (both retired, one pension) and am getting discouraged. i would like to try TFM or Graston...but with PF in BOTH feet....i doubt i could afford 15 or 20 treatments each foot.

goose on 9/14/04 at 09:39 (159852)

I understand your situation - sounds complicated. My treatment was covered by insurance so I just have my $10 copay. If one does not have insurance, I think the per visit rate is somewhere around $40-50. Keep in mind that my goal was to run again, so if your goal was to just walk/stand, you may get by with fewer visits-who knows. At any rate, being pain-free is priceless, I cannot stress enough how helpful this treatment was for me. I hope you can find something that works for you!

Best of luck!

onryou on 9/16/04 at 23:28 (160021)

I just paid 190 for an xray, office visit, and a nice little shot. However, the office fee was 95$ and the Podiatrist waived it for me. I told him I was poor and didn't have a job. Dunno how many times he will do that for me. Again, I have to go back for 2 more shots... so hopefully he will waive the 95$ each time. If he does... I'll be sending him as much business as I can.
Anyway, my point is: I pay just 95 for the visit. So for me to go 10 to 15 is not very affordable. I personally plan to get a night split, do exercises, and ice like I was directed. Also, I bought shoes that are for my foot type to prevent this from happening in my right foot or again in my left. My goal are like Goose's; I want to run again. So, try telling them you are on a tight budget, and they might work with you. If they don't take your business else where.