Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

second surgery

Posted by christyw on 9/10/04 at 21:57 (159711)

Hello,
Just wanted to let everyone know how my second surgery went. The doctor said that my right ligiment was thicker than my left. He said he had to do alot more cutting and I would have more pain with it. This is true. I have had some discomfort in my right foot. The doctor said that the ligiment in my left foot was about to rupture (before the surgery). I done really well with it. I could get around really good and didn't need any crutches. I am getting crutches tom. for my right foot. I am having my stitches taken out of my left foot tom. and getting back into my shoe. My left foot feels pretty good for now. I haven't had alot of pain with it at all.

Re: second surgery

Pat on 9/11/04 at 20:13 (159753)

Hi Christy,
I've been reading your posts about having surgery on both your feet and I'm so happy that it seems to be working out for you. I had surgery ten years ago on my left foot and it was a nightmare and now I have it on my right foot. Of course things change alot in ten years but the standard treatments (except for ESWT which my insurance doesn't pay for) doesn't. It's amazing how no one came up with a better treatment that doesn't cur this problem. This is my second go round with the right foot (I had PF exactly a year ago to the day I got it back again) and it's been almost 4 months. Right now they're trying to cast it before deciding what else to do but I am so sick of this I could scream. I'm glad you found a doctor that was willing to do both surgeries. I know right now it seems hard but in there'll be an improvement every day.