Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Finding slippers with arch supports

Posted by julia M on 9/11/04 at 05:20 (159721)

Although I wear shoes with orthosis insoles, I am having problems finding a pair of slippers which have supports on the side of the slippers. I do not want to wear my insoles in slippers, only get a pair with some arch support - ARE THERE ANY OUT THERE - so far I've failed to find anything suitable.

Re: Finding slippers with arch supports

Linda V. on 9/11/04 at 07:30 (159725)

I have a pair of slippers by Hush Puppies, which have a decent support if i am only wearing them a very short time. if i want to be lazy and wear them longer, i slip an over the counter support in them. this question has been asked before and others have answered..so if you do a search on 'slippers' maybe it will bring the messages up for you. good luck

HilaryG on 9/11/04 at 08:54 (159730)

I have given up on finding slippers with sufficient arch support and instead keep a pair of Birkenstock Arizonas by the bed which I use in place of slippers-- works for me!

Suzanne D. on 9/11/04 at 15:25 (159745)

I do the same. And from posts I have read through the years here, I think that there are many people who take their first steps each day in a pair of Arizonas!

Suzanne :)

susan o on 9/11/04 at 21:27 (159759)

Oh that we all could use them! I have thin feet (depth, not width). Slip right out of Arizonas. Anyone with thin feet found a solution for this slipper problem?

Suzanne D. on 9/11/04 at 21:43 (159764)

My feet are thin, too, so I made new holes in the straps of my Arizonas with an ice pick (carefully) because buckling as tightly as I could in the existing holes, I found the sandals still too loose.

Good luck!
Suzanne :)

Nick, C.Ped on 9/12/04 at 03:19 (159774)

A Brand I carry in my store for this particular dilemma is called 'haflinger' they make nice wool slippers with rubber soles.
(i like the wool one's vs. leather because not too hot, not too cold.
very supportive and use similar materials to a birk inside the shoe but its more like a clog or slipper. My favorite styles are the 'Grizzly'(wool felt clog) and any of the 'boiled wool outdoor sole slipper' styles...

check em out...lemme know if u have questions.

p.s. my feet are in a pair right now(they are my 'dont-walk-bare-foot' prevention!

-Nick

Re: New slippers in Brookstone with temperpedic foam

Linda V. on 9/14/04 at 13:38 (159866)

hi,
just got back from shopping and was surprised to find several different types of slippers with a temperpeduc foam bottom....your foot sort of melts into it to the form of your foot. however, i didn't think they had enough arch support. but it could be worth checking out for you. brookstone is a cool store..lots of nice foot massagers and foot baths too.