Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

To John

Posted by Pauline on 9/11/04 at 10:33 (159737)

John,
Recently I've been hearing radio spots seeking patients for trials for that artificial disk you were telling us about.

The give a number to call to be in their trials. The radio spot mentions a few symptoms, who might qualify etc and then asks interested persons to call.

If you qualify I believe you get the disk and surgery compliment of the house if the patient want it. More than one center here I think is involved.

Re: To John

john h on 9/11/04 at 13:29 (159738)

Pauline: I think the trials are over. Several Doctors who were involved told me approval is forthcoming next month. Since the Doctor I am seeing has done around 300 of these I will stick with him if I decide to do it and meet the standards for use of the disc. I sure would not want to be the first patient a Doctor installed one of these babies. The success rate has been 80% I was informed for the past three years on these trials. Will keep you advised as I watch the FDA closely on new approvals.