Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Superfeet vs. PowerSteps Insoles

Posted by Lana on 9/13/04 at 15:10 (159821)

I have heel pain for over 6 months and I was diagnosed with a heel spur in my right foot. I used to wear gel heel cups but my podiatrist recommended somthing for arch support so I bought Superfeet inserts last week (blue). After wearing them for a couple of times, I think that the insole does not support my arch in the right place. Also the level of pain is a little bit more. Is this normal or Superfeet are not for me and I have to return them? Also, I saw that some people like PowerSteps. Can you tell me which stores sell PowerSteps? I don't want to buy online without trying first.

I would appreciate any advice you can give me.

Re: Superfeet vs. PowerSteps Insoles

Linda V. on 9/13/04 at 15:46 (159824)

i love my superfeet...but i wear the green. my POD made special shims on the bottom where he thought i needed more support. he's a good man...trying to get through this without the higher cost of custom orthotics. but the arch supports themselves are only part of the cure..are you doing other things like gentle stretches, warm soaks, icing after activity, rest, etc?

Lana on 9/13/04 at 16:02 (159829)

Yes, I am doing all this. Which Superfeet insoles are better for aerobics, green or blue? Maybe I just need to exchange them to green.

Re: Superfeet vs. PowerSteps Insoles for aerobic?? are you kidding?

Linda V. on 9/14/04 at 13:40 (159868)

More power to you if you can do aerobics with PF. i would be leery of causing more damage if you still have heel pain. my goal is just to be able to walk in the mall for an hour without pain. and the green work best for me..full length. the superfeet website tells you what kind is right for you..my shoe store did the same for me. good luck.

Julie on 9/14/04 at 16:24 (159884)

Lana, you really oughtn't to be doing aerobics. It will make your PF worse. Please be careful, and avoid all weight-bearing impact exercises, except for essential walking, until you are completely healed.

Linda V. on 9/14/04 at 16:33 (159890)

thanks julie for responding to her. i was hoping someone else would tell her that jumping around with heel pain is not a good idea.

Lana on 9/15/04 at 07:57 (159931)

I am not jumping. I am doing low impact aerobics and I am very careful. It does not make me feel any worse that walking. In fact, doing my grocery shopping for a couple of hours gives me much more pain than aerobics class. I just don't understand why my aerobics has got so much attention. All I had asked was advice about PowerStep vs Superfeet insoles.

Julie on 9/15/04 at 08:29 (159935)

Lana, it's because you asked which are better for aerobics! We are trying to help. High impact or low impact, you really shouldn't be doing any kind of aerobics. You should stay off your feet as much as possible and give them a chance to heal. That means a reduction of all weight-bearing activity, except for unavoidable walking.

Rose on 9/28/04 at 00:20 (160620)

Yes, I made the mistake of continuing aerobics, and it was a very low impact senior class at that. I think the later movement (things like grapevines) are extremely harmful. Please wait until you are pain free. I actually did better with a step class than aerobics, but of course, I stopped and switched to water aerobics. I tread water and do the exercises and get a trememdous cardio workout. I do it 5 times a week. Treading water for more than 30 minutes in vary cardio vascular. So it is still possible to get an aerobic sorkout with no impact at all on the feet, which really helps them heal.

Rose on 9/28/04 at 00:21 (160621)

Sorry, I meant lateral movements....sideways...very bad on PF feet