Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Connection made?

Posted by Mel on 9/14/04 at 09:43 (159853)

I am in the process of being tested (NCV) for TTS.

I find the following to be true:

If I pull my toes back towards my knee, or scrunch them under, I feel a sharp shooting pain. Then the next day the whole sole of foot will hurt worse. By this action, am I putting stress on the tarsel tunnel? And jerking on the tibial nerve.

I had P.F. and had been wanting to continue with these types of non weight bearing execises, but as of late it seems to aggravate the nerves.

Re: Connection made?

Julie on 9/14/04 at 16:08 (159879)

Mel, you're describing the yoga foot exercise: toe bending and stretching. It clearly is not suitable for your condition, whatever it is, so I would advise you not to continue with it. I hope that when you have an accurate diagnosis, your doctor will be able to help you with exercises that will improve your condition and not make it worse.

Re: Connection made?

Mel on 9/14/04 at 16:22 (159881)

Thanks for the speedy reply...you are always there for us!!!

Great news, the NCV test is tomorrow. Then maybe I can get some real idea of what is happening. The neuro feels it is a combo problem, the P.F. co-joined with some neuro involvement. We shall see soon enough.

Thanks agian for the input, I like your exercises and hope to get back to them soon.