Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just checking in

Posted by Necee on 9/16/04 at 00:57 (159968)

I haven't had much time to post here....I've tried to keep in touch with a few of the old timers though.
Hope everyone is doing well. We've been sorta busy with the house building and all...between that and work, I keep pretty busy.
I've really been putting my feet through the wringer! Too much time on them, and not enough time resting. I keep thinking that if I'm not careful, I'll be right back where I was about 3 yrs ago.....HURTING!

Anyway.....hope everyone is well and happy these days.

Necee

Re: Just checking in

john h on 9/16/04 at 09:16 (159977)

Neecee I have progressed from an 'old timer' to an 'old old timer'. I am considering leaving my feet to Dr Z and Dr Ed when i leave this world to find out once and for all what the problem is

JudyS on 9/16/04 at 09:36 (159979)

Necee - do you have photos of the construction so far?

Suzanne D. on 9/16/04 at 10:42 (159984)

It's always wonderful to see a post from you, Necee! I hope all is going well with your house-building and I hope your feet stay well and happy!

Suzanne :)

Re: To: Judy S.

Necee on 9/16/04 at 14:07 (159987)

Yep, I sure do Judy. If you want to see a few, I'll send em to ya via email.

Things are progressing nicely. The framing is done, and the roofers were there yesterday putting the decking on. The metal roof should be installed next week. The stone mason was there doing his measuring, and so that should begin next week as well.
I've been stressed to the limit a few times with this project, too many decisions, too much going on all at once, and I feel sometimes like I'm being pulled from a directions! We were dissappointed with the ceiling height in the kitchen and dining area......I have some stained glass that I wanted installed in the wall just above my kitchen cabinets, the framer said in order to get it in there he'd have to raise the height from 12' to 13' in the kitchen. I didn't want it that high, and it wasn't on the plan that way, but it's done now, and I'll just have to like it.

I'll be so happy with this is over!

Happy trails....

Necee

Carole C in NOLA on 9/17/04 at 09:59 (160046)

Necee, sorry to hear about your feet! It is so hard when we can't rest them. Maybe some new Birkenstocks would help... I remember that your feet really like Birkenstocks, and by this time maybe yours are not supporting your feet as well as new ones would.

Be careful! Remember to ice after overdoing, and to stretch... :) We love to hear from you, but hope it will not be due to a relapse.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 9/17/04 at 10:03 (160047)

If you leave your feet to science, then future doctors will shake their heads and 'tsk tsk' over them. 'This person must have been a military pilot... he was obviously out climbing on his roof and dynamically EXPERIENCING an exciting life, when he should have been sitting in an armchair giving his poor feet a little rest instead'. :D

Carole C

Kathy G on 9/17/04 at 10:49 (160056)

Necee,

You've gotten good advice about not overdoing it. I often think of you and how much fun (and work) it must be to build your dream house.

Take care of those feet! You want to be able to enjoy the house once it's finished!

Great to see your name on the Board!