Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TRY Active Release Therapy for tarsal tunnel it helps

Posted by Bracey WAlker on 9/16/04 at 18:35 (160001)

I tried ART for my ankle pain in the tarsal tunnel area and it helped me get relief. The chiropractor who speciales in this treatment does not concentrate on the ankle area rather the calf and the arch of the foot. Try it it can't hurt and it may only help you, it gave me relief after i contemplated surgery for a year. Now i'll probalbly just live with the minor discomfort instead of risking surgery. Any questions let me know.
God bless all that suffer from this dreadful condition.

Bracey.........

Re: TRY Active Release Therapy for tarsal tunnel it helps

Darlene on 9/16/04 at 20:52 (160011)

I've been trying ART for almost a month now. I agree - no downside. My chiropractor however was trying to get in a little too close to the tarsal tunnel though. She didn't do the arch area. How long have you been going?

Has anyone heard of Physiotherapists who do manipulative therapy. I visited one today and was very impressed with his knowledge of nerves.

Julie on 9/17/04 at 01:23 (160030)

Darlene, in the UK there is a Society of Manipulative Physiotherapists. They prescribe exercises as do other physios, but are more 'hands on' and have more training and therefore more knowledge. I saw one after my mastectomy and axillary clearance, and with her help got my arm movement, which had been very restricted, back within six weeks.

Darlene on 9/17/04 at 08:09 (160040)

Hi Julie.

I think the new generation of chiropractors have many similarities to manipulative physiotherapists. The term ART is a chiropractic trademark, but the manipulative physios do basically the same thing.

My entire nervous system seems to be hypersensitive. My hands are now getting tingling sensations and this therapist has seen a lot of this before.

I'll report back on my progress.

Darlene

Juni on 9/18/04 at 14:30 (160122)

I was recently diagnosed w/Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome and I live in NY/NJ region. Do you know of any physiotherapist who are specially trained for ART in my location?

Darlene on 9/18/04 at 15:51 (160127)

Juni.

Try a google search for either the chiropractic association of physiotherapy assoc.

What symptoms do you have?

D.

Re: JUNI

Bracey WAlker on 9/18/04 at 19:41 (160138)

GO TO ACTIVERELEASE.COM AND SEARCH FOR THE NEAREST CHIRPRACTOR NEAR YOU THAT SPECIALIZES IN THIS THERAPY!!!!!!!!!11