Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Amish Parking Lot Photos

Posted by marie on 9/18/04 at 21:14 (160144)

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAMmjZu2bOGjHCA

Was out and about today taking photos for some new drawings. This is a very common site for me but I'm sure some of the posters here don't get to see this too often and thought I'd share.

best wishes marie

Re: Amish Parking Lot Photos

JudyS on 9/18/04 at 21:47 (160147)

Very cool photos Marie - especially all the buggies in one parking lot. Are you experimenting with black and white?

marie on 9/18/04 at 22:20 (160149)

Sort of. I am getting ready to do some pencil drawings and it helps to see the photos in black and white. I've always loved black and white photography....but for the past couple of years have been shooting color. Just time to do some new old stuff. :)

marie

Tina H on 9/19/04 at 06:37 (160159)

Hi Marie- Where were these photos taken? I grew up in Lancaster county PA, but didn't recognize these as being from there. Thanks for sharing them! Tina

marie on 9/19/04 at 12:47 (160171)

They were taken in Northern Indiana. We have alot of Amish in the area. Yesterday was beautiful weather and I think every horse and buggy owned was on the road yesterday. These photos were taken at the grocery store. I live in a rural area. If you can imagine a drive to work with no red lights and and few vehicles.....that's the pace here. A coyote jumped out in front of me Friday. He was an unusually beautiful one. I know the farmers don't like them and will shoot them on site but this one was an exceptional animal. Wish I could have gotten a photo of him.

marie

Tina H on 9/19/04 at 16:08 (160177)

That sounds so nice. Unfortunately Lancaster county PA has become so commercialized. Thanks again for the photos, a bit of nostalgia for me:)