Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot surgery

Posted by Linda A on 9/19/04 at 23:41 (160185)

I had foot surgery 5 mths ago. My foot is worse now. I've been back to work for 2 mths. standing and walking about 4 hrs a day on concrete. I had metatarsalgia bilaterally. Also had tumors taken off my arch. My foot feels all tied up. I still feel like i'm walking on hard lumps. My toes feel like they have tight rubber bands around and they are being squezzed. My foot and leg has red spotts. The doctor said they were nerve spasams. I wish I never had this surgery. From things I've read on the net, it sound like a nuroma. What should I do? Thanks Linda

Re: Foot surgery

patricia s. on 9/20/04 at 18:54 (160215)

I am having foot surgery on the 30th of September for mortons neuroma and after reading some of the responses I am a little scared. I have had several surgeries in my life, and I am a big baby when it comes to pain and hopefully this is a simple operation. My doctor seems quite confident about it and hopefully it is quick and painless.

Pauline on 9/20/04 at 19:30 (160216)

Patricia,
I hope all goes well with your surgery. Make certain you fully understand the procedure your doctor will use and where he intends to bury the cut ends of the nerve. You may also want to ask him what type of numbness you will have following the surgery and where to expect it and about scar tissue formation. I think getting all your questions answered ahead of time will smooth the way for your recovery and provide piece of mind.

Remember too, to keep the line of communication open following your surgery and call him/her if you have any questions. It will be your job to keep him informed on how your foot is responding and feeling afterwards. If you have any doubts it's better to make that call than to worry.

Dr. Z on 9/20/04 at 19:37 (160218)

Pat S.

The procedure ususlly is very straight forward