Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Set back for PF surgery

Posted by Kristie on 9/20/04 at 09:02 (160192)

I had been on limited activity for the last two weeks. My foot swelled up after three great months after PF release surgery. I'm doing a little better now. Thank God but still have pain and know if I over do it I will be in trouble again. I'm still on bextra and limited activity.

For those who have had PF release surgery and have had set back because of over use. How long did it take to feel better?

Thanks

Re: Set back for PF surgery

Dee C on 9/20/04 at 14:50 (160203)

So sorry about your set back. My PF release surgery was May 28 this year, and it sometimes seems I've just had the surgery. Of course, the Tailor bunion surgery on the other foot the same day seems to hurt so much too yet, and I must be so careful to get wide enough shoes which is not easy because I have a narrow heel. Usually, my set backs come from walking too much on a hard surface and last just a couple of days. But the pain is so intense, it makes me afraid to do too much and hurt myself again. I take Celebrex now. It is so discouraging to have your life so 'slowed down'. I get very tired too, after I try to walk too far. JUst the effort. Hope you get better soon.

Re: Kristy

Pat on 10/13/04 at 21:56 (161463)

Hi Kristy,
Just wondering what you did that you think your setback was from overuse and how you're doing now.