Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birk high arch Tamati

Posted by john h on 9/21/04 at 10:14 (160255)

I am about two weeks into wearing this new type Birk. I really like it. Next time you are in a Birk store try one on. The additional arch support helps. In my case anyway.

Re: Birk high arch Tamati

Julie on 9/21/04 at 11:11 (160257)

Hi John

Just in case anyone searches for the shoe, isn't it 'Tatami' - unless they've come out with a newer line I don't know about.

You always admit to being a terrible speller, so I'm sure you don't mind my querying this!

:) Julie

Suzanne D. on 9/21/04 at 17:40 (160277)

Here's a link (I hope it works) of the different styles of Tatami Birkenstock high arch shoes carried by Birkenstock Express. I think I remember Carole C. writing about the Fulda Tatami sandals. Are those the ones you have, John? They look very much like Arizonas.

http://www.birkenstockexpress.com/Search/found.cfm?id=210920041535-703527

Suzanne :)

Re: Try this...

Suzanne D. on 9/21/04 at 17:43 (160278)

I thought my search results would come up with the link, but they didn't. Just type in Tatami high arch in the search box when the site comes up from my link, and you will get four links, showing the four styles.

Suzanne :)

Re: Is this your shoe, John?

Suzanne D. on 9/21/04 at 18:05 (160279)

http://www.birkenstockexpress.com/products/style.cfm/id.210920041600-781213/style.Fulda%20%2D%20High%20Arch/collectionsub1.Cork%20Footbeds/collection.Tatami

john h on 9/21/04 at 21:07 (160292)

Yes that is it Suzanne.

john h on 9/21/04 at 21:12 (160294)

Julie you should know by now that I cannot spell. I just get it in the ball park. Yes Tatami is the correct spelling. One of my great learning experiences on this site is tht Suzanne taught me to spell ' a lot' as opposed to my formal spellling of 'alot' Her explanation of having one her boys in her class stand a the black board and write 'A' on one end and 'Lot' on the other end made a lasting impression. Maybe I will now remember Tatami?

Julie on 9/22/04 at 01:52 (160317)

I do know, John, and I know that you know, and that's why I knew you wouldn't mind having your spelling corrected.

Now, if we could just get you to spell 'Arizona'...

:)

Julie on 9/22/04 at 01:54 (160318)

What a lovely shoe, Suzanne - I may have to try it myself. Though I think the arch would be too high for me.

john h on 9/22/04 at 11:23 (160341)

Julie I bet you wonder how I could be such a terrible speller? It is mostly from being lazy. I often see my misspelling but do not want to take the time to correct or even run spell checker. In school I did take the time. As a pilot precision in every thing you do is a must and in 20 years and nearly 10,000 hours of flying I never had an accident (shooting down is not accident) and people who know me often comment about how well organized I am in every thing I do. Most do not see my internet post. With formal business letters I always run spell checker. It is only with friends that I am lazy about correcting my mistakes.

Julie on 9/22/04 at 11:38 (160345)

No, I've never wondered, John! I've accepted your spelling quirks as one of your many endearing qualities. I can certainly understand why, after your years of precision flying, you'd want to take a more laid back approach to other things, and if spelling is one of them, that's ok with me. Spelling probably isn't that important to most people, and with email and the internet it's becoming less and less so. It is important to me, because I am a writer, and a bit of a perfectionist. I don't use the spell checker but I do correct my errors if I notice them (I don't always notice them, as you know!) But I don't expect others to be as finicky as I am, and I hope you realise that I was teasing you.

I quite agree that getting shot down is not an accident and I am sure you are very well organised.

Carole C in NOLA on 9/24/04 at 16:06 (160446)

I absolutely loved my Fuldas when my PF was so bad. They 'saved the day' more than once. I don't think their arch is necessarily all that high; it's just placed differently, further back, I think. But the footbed is called the 'high arch Tatami' footbed.

For some reason, I haven't been wearing them lately, but have been leaning more towards my Granadas and Floridas with the classic footbed and less rugged style.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 9/24/04 at 16:07 (160447)

Julie, I think you might love them. Why not try them on in a Birkenstock store, to see how they feel? They also run a half size smaller than other Birkenstocks so it's best to try them on.

Carole C

john h on 9/24/04 at 21:34 (160460)

Carole I tend to agree with you. the arch just seems fuller or longer to me. Visually I can not tell that it is higher.