Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Change of Pace

Posted by john h on 9/22/04 at 09:21 (160330)

Some amazing pictures of the high seas. Glad I was in the Air Force.

http://tv-antenna.com/heavy-seas/

Re: Change of Pace

Dorothy on 9/22/04 at 10:41 (160338)

Best website I've seen in ages! What a great find.

Suzanne D. on 9/22/04 at 21:34 (160365)

Amazing pictures, John! Thanks for sharing them.

Suzanne :)

Cyndi on 9/26/04 at 16:43 (160530)

Incrediable John, Thanks, I always love to see the sea. The Ice Photos were really awesome. I finally got the site to come up today!

WOWo!

john h on 9/27/04 at 09:04 (160555)

Cyndi those ice pictures really got my attention also. You wonder how a ship can still float when it becomes a solid block of ice. When flying out of Iceland and Greenland I have seen some ships really covered with ice but not that much. When flying the North Atlantic I was in some terrible storms and the sea looked terrible but from 10,000' you really do not appreciate those 100' waves. Did you read the book The Perfect Storm? I read it cover to cover and never put it down. Guess what the most dangerous job in the world is? Yes, it is a Commercial Fisherman. I just recently read that. At one time it was a coal minner. Most people do not know that the Great Lakes can gin up some lethal ocean like storms that have swallowed up many ocean going ships. The story of the Edmund Fitzgerald is a great read.