Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dissolving stitches still surfacing 3 months post-op

Posted by Linda on 9/22/04 at 18:14 (160358)

I had foot surgery in June,and I still have dissolving stitches making their way out. Everytime i have any surgery,this happens. I also get an infection when it does. Why does that happen?
Also, My plantar fascia on my opposite foot is extremely tight,and when i try and bend my foot , it hurts. Is there exercises that won't cause pain? i've done towel stretches,but they cause pain.
I've had tarsal tunnel release,fascia release,and heel spur excisions on both feet.
I wish I had found this site before I had surgery on both,because i would have never done it,and totally regret ever having it. I have had pain since then.
Can you have E.S.W.T. if you've already had tarsal tunnel release & fascia release?

Re: Dissolving stitches still surfacing 3 months post-op

Dr. Z on 9/22/04 at 20:44 (160361)

I am sure you know that heel spur surgery with TTS can take over a year for pain resolution.
Is your incision open. Yes you can have ESWT after heel spur surgery.

lee on 9/24/04 at 10:58 (160440)

Hi lInda,

I had surgery last October to remove bone fragments after breaking my ankle. I've had a number of suture abscesses, even as recently as two and a half months ago. The first few had pieces of suture that came out and the later ones just were abscesses. My doctor guesses that I have a sensitivity to the suture material. It seems to finally have stopped and the scar is looking good. I'm really glad that its over, it was very unpleasant not to mention painful.

Linda on 9/27/04 at 09:31 (160559)

my incision is closed. every surgery i've had the dissolving stitches came out.

both my heel spur with tts surgeries were over 2 yrs ago now.