Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Julie - Have a wonderful time in Crete!

Posted by Kathy G on 9/24/04 at 09:10 (160432)

And thank you for all those links. It is a truly magical place!

Re: Julie - Have a wonderful time in Crete!

Carole C in NOLA on 9/24/04 at 10:44 (160438)

Julie, are you headed to Crete again? I can't think of a more wonderful place to go, and some day perhaps I will go back there, too. Have a good time and think of us now and then. :)

Carole C

Julie on 9/24/04 at 17:04 (160448)

Yes, Carole, I am: on Tuesday, for three weeks. And yes, it IS a wonderful place. I didn't realise that you'd been there - when, and where?

Julie on 9/24/04 at 17:06 (160449)

Thank you, Kathy. I wish I could send you some of the sunshine I am almost sure to have, to warm your poor bones. So sorry you've got this new problem, and I hope you find a solution to it when you see the hand surgeon.

Take care!

marie on 9/24/04 at 19:49 (160452)

Have fun Julie. I hope you share some of your photos like you did last year! :)

marie

Carole C in NOLA on 9/24/04 at 21:23 (160457)

Oh it's been a long time since I last visited the Greek isles, in 1972. But they are very beautiful and impossible to forget. I do appreciate your choice of retreats!

Julie on 9/25/04 at 02:12 (160471)

Hi Carole

Here is a picture of the part of Crete where I shall be on Wednesday:

http://www.west-crete.com/crete-daily-photo.htm

and here are more photos of the southwest coast:

http://www.west-crete.com/photos-south-crete.htm

and here, for anyone who has lots of time, is a link to all the photos of Crete on the west-crete website:

http://www.west-crete.com/photos-crete.htm

Suzanne D. on 9/25/04 at 07:26 (160476)

Yes, Julie, have a safe and wonderful holiday!

Suzanne :)

Carole C in NOLA on 9/25/04 at 08:24 (160478)

OH!!!! Oh Julie, it's enough to take one's breath away. Thanks. Enjoy the beauty and peace while you are away. I know you will.

Carole C

Julie on 9/25/04 at 08:56 (160479)

Marie, I usually take photos, but since I don't (yet) have a digital camera, I can't share them (I don't have a scanner either). But have a look at the ones on the West Crete site: they're much better than mine, and many of them have been taken in the same area. All are worth a look.

Julie on 9/25/04 at 09:00 (160480)

Yes, it always takes my breath away, Carole, in more ways than one. The landscape and seascape and mountain scape are breathtaking in the sense that you and I mean it. And the uphill stretches are very taxing and breathtaking in the mundane physical way. :)

Thanks very much for your wishes - I appreciate them!

Susan S on 9/25/04 at 13:06 (160492)

Julie, I wanted to say have a wonderful time! All of the pictures are gorgeous and heavenly. Breathtaking is right also. They literally took my breath away. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Julie on 9/25/04 at 14:48 (160493)

Thanks, Susan - I'm sure I will, and I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Dorothy on 9/25/04 at 15:47 (160498)

It's joy just to see the pictures. Crete - it's going to be on my 'dream' list, along with Greece, Italy, New Zealand, etc etc etc...

Cyndi on 9/26/04 at 16:50 (160531)

I naturally started off with the walks on rocks and crystals page and it is awesome. Have fun Julie,make memories!