Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

a visit from Heelspur.com friends...

Posted by Suzanne D. on 9/25/04 at 15:47 (160497)

This morning was special in that my husband and I had Heelspur.com visitors in our home! Steve P. (who used to post often here; some referred to him as 'Uncle Steve', I believe) and his wife Judy were on their way south and stopped by here for about an hour and a half visit. We enjoyed meeting them and having them join us for lunch. We marveled at how the internet makes the world smaller and brings people together from across the country and world. We didn't even talk that much about our feet although we asked each other how we were doing. We're both thankful for the progress we've made and the things we've learned that have helped us. And we agreed that support and encouragement at Heelspurs.com is very important.

Suzanne :)

Re: a visit from Heelspur.com friends...

Dorothy on 9/25/04 at 15:51 (160500)

What a nice experience, Suzanne D. I think you should be named Heelspurs.com Central because of the heelspur.com/ers who visit you!
It's nice to read this. :-)

Dorothy on 9/25/04 at 15:53 (160501)

I clicked off before I was finished. :-(

What I meant to add is that I think that many of us feel a certain trust and comfort in and from you, not to mention wisdom and kindness.

Suzanne D. on 9/25/04 at 21:40 (160510)

Thank you, Dorothy. That was a very nice thing to say; I hope to live up to your description although I feel unworthy of it!

I trust you are feeling some better today!

My daughter is home today from college, and tonight she and I attended a community performance of 'Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat'. She is used to being in such productions, and she said it felt strange to be on the other side of the curtain, but she was glad to be there and support her friends who were in it and enjoy the show.

Take care,

john h on 9/27/04 at 09:38 (160562)

I always thought I would look cool in the Dreamcoat.

john h on 9/27/04 at 09:47 (160563)

Steve is really a special sort of guy. Wish he and his wife were my neighbors. Steve has a history of being a Technical Represenative for an electronics manufacturer. I was the Commander of an Avioics Electronics Squadron that maintained all the electroics on B-52s. We had about 5 full time civilian Tech Reps like Steve who helped solve the really big problems. He was (i think) a Tech Rep in Vietnam in the same time frame I was there. We always have a lot in common to talk about: feet, Ohms law, and aircraft. On my several trips to Washington he always called me to stop at his home and visit. Steve,Judy S, and myself have been on a couple of conference calls just for visits. He lives only a couple of hours from Dr. Z.

Suzanne D. on 9/27/04 at 11:38 (160578)

Yes, he mentioned that he had talked to you on the phone, John, and that he just missed you when you came to Dr. Z's once. He and his wife had to leave before you arrived as you had been delayed in traffic, I think.

It was interesting to talk to him and his wife. She had never been to Kentucky before. By luck, I fixed something for lunch that they both liked - country ham and biscuits as well as a few other things. His wife especially likes country ham, and so I sent what we had left with them for a little snack later on.

Steve was kind to share some things with a teacher friend of ours that he has used in talks at schools about engineering. That teacher was excited to get them and also to meet Steve.

Suzanne D. on 9/27/04 at 11:39 (160579)

It was really a nice coat! I am sure you would. :)

Suzanne

Necee on 9/27/04 at 21:01 (160611)

How nice to have a visit from a Heelspurs friend! I remember Uncle Steve mentioning that he and his wife would be passing through KY this year.

They were both so very helpful to me when I was planning my cruise trip to Alaska, I had spoken to Judy on the phone a couple of times, and she gave me some great advice and tips.

It's wonderful when we can reach far beyond the computer screen and hook up with 'real people'. I know we've only spoken on the phone one time Suzanne, but I feel like we've 'connected'... you're my friend, there are hundreds of miles between us, but just knowing that I have a friend in KY puts a smile on my face.

I hope that one day we can meet in person, that goes for anyone on this board....if you're ever coming through Texas I'd love to have you stop by!

Happy trails...

Necee

Suzanne D. on 9/27/04 at 22:08 (160614)

They talked about their trip to Alaska, Necee, and Judy mentioned how she enjoyed talking to you on the phone as you were planning for your cruise.

You are right: it sure is wonderful when you can connect with 'real people'. It puts a smile on my face to know we are friends, too! :)

JudyS on 9/28/04 at 20:42 (160662)

I'm lucky that I get to count myself as a PFer who has spent time with both Uncle Steve and Mrs. Uncle Steve! Once in NJ, Judy visited me here in San Diego once, and I was able to visit the two of them in their lovely home in the Baltimore area a year and a half ago. They are very, very special people!

Suzanne D. on 9/29/04 at 15:42 (160694)

Yes, we talked about you, too, Judy! They both mentioned enjoying meeting you, and Judy spoke of your lovely home and admiring the work you have done on it.