Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Surprised but grateful

Posted by GeralynS on 9/28/04 at 22:52 (160667)

After about 21 months of heel pain, it has finally lessened over this summer. I thought it would never get better and would have to put up with my foot hurting when shopping, doing housework, etc.forever. I want to thank this board even though I never posted before, because I had something to reach out to for ideas. And maybe buying the florida birkenstocks and wearing them this summer did the trick.(It does not seem that the $300.00 orthotics helped!) I took someone's advice and bought them from the overseas site. Sure glad i did, though it took a while to get used to them. Anyway, I hope all of you are fortunate enough to have the pain get better. My foot still hurts some, but it is not enough any more to keep me from doing anything and I even started my walking for exercise again. I hope I can cheer someone up today by letting you know that yes,with enough time, maybe it actually will get better!

Re: Surprised but grateful

Suzanne D. on 9/29/04 at 15:56 (160696)

That's good to hear, Geralyn! Thank you for writing to let others know that there is hope for improvement. I, too, am thankful for the helpful information, advice, and support I found here three years ago when I was in pain and miserable.

Today, I spent four hours at the Louisville Zoo with my class of first graders. We had a wonderful day with beautiful, cool weather, and I was fortunate to have several parents along to help supervise the children, so everyone had a great time. I often thought today how grateful I was that my feet did not hurt - not one bit - despite the fact that we walked or stood the entire four hours. Three years ago - or even two years ago -I would not have attempted such a day.

I also wish for everyone to find improvement and relief from their pain!
Suzanne :)

JudyS on 9/29/04 at 20:07 (160707)

It's good to hear your news, Geralyn - thanks for sharing and congratulations on your success!

Bob G on 9/30/04 at 02:28 (160732)

Hello Geralyn,

I, too, am now pain free - thanks to the information and support from this board. I give thanks every day for walking, running, and occasionally dancing with no pain.

Don't know if the stamina will ever come back, but I am working to gain what I can from what I lost during the heel pain. It is a challenge. Thanks to all my old friends. And thanks to Judy S., a great inspiration through the good and not so good times. Hope one of us makes it to the World Series!