Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

anestghetic and cortisone injections for TTS?

Posted by Rachel on 9/29/04 at 09:50 (160683)

I posted this message on the main board before I saw this one. I hope its okay to have posted on two boards.

My podiatrist wants to do an injection of an anesthetic to help diasgnose possible TTS. He also mentioned a cortisone injection.

I am only 27, am I too young to have this done? Are there any possible complications from these injections?

Thanks for your input

Re: anestghetic and cortisone injections for TTS?

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/09/04 at 10:12 (161203)

Rachel:
You are fairly young to have TTS. Did you have an MRI performed? The reason I would like to see an MRI is that TTS can be caused by a growth (usually benign) in the tarsal tunnel. Such growths account for about 1/3 of TTS cases but your young age raises the index of suspicion for that.
Ed

Re: anestghetic and cortisone injections for TTS?

Brocha F. on 10/10/04 at 21:36 (161265)

I am only 22 and have been diagnosed with TTs. i feel your pain (literally). I have had corisone injections. They only last a few hour - 2-3 days. and they are very painfull injections. Don't let this pursway (can't spell it lol)you not to get them but i feel the pain that it is to get it is not worth the short period of relief.

Brocha F.