Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel

Posted by Carole on 10/01/04 at 00:26 (160805)

Just thought I would say Hi, I live in Australia and had TTS surgery 8 weeks ago. It is a slow process but I can feel the benefits.
It took 4 years to get a diagnosis. Here it is very rare surgery. My nerve compression was above the ankle, my surgeon told me he had never even seen it before. Your site has been helpful in gaining some understanding.
Here surgery is done as a day procedure (which I personally think was very cruel, very painful) then 2 weeks with my leg elevated, staples removed then weightbearing over the next 2 weeks on crutches.
I was able to start physio after 4 weeks, still not allowed back at work for another 4 weeks.
Anyway just though I would add this just in case any other Aussies have the same thing. Unfortunately because it is rare I had no idea of what to expect, the fact that nedd help with everything for the first two weeks etc.

Re: Tarsal Tunnel

Terri on 10/10/04 at 10:41 (161241)

What is a 'day procedure'? We have here (US) what is called out-patient surgery where you go to a surgical center, off-site from a hospital, are put to sleep and then sent home about an hour after you wake up and check out normal.

You're the first person I've seen here post from Australia. Welcome!

Re: Tarsal Tunnel

Carole on 1/24/05 at 21:45 (167868)

Hi Terri,

Sorry to take so long get back to you. A day procedure means you go in the morning and 4 hours after surgery you go home.
Thanks for the welcome.