Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What I would do knowing what I know now

Posted by Bob G on 10/02/04 at 01:29 (160878)

As some of you know, I am free from pain for a number of years. Having suffered from PF and having been somewhat of a student of PF pain, I feel apropriate in posting what I would do if I had PF, knowing what I know now.

If I had PF I would be in pain, perhaps frightened, angry at times, motivated to find a cure. Willing to try anything, often with discouraging results. I know, I've been there.

If I had PF knowing what I know now, I know what I would do. Maybe this will help somebody.

First of all, I would stay off my feet. Even if I had to get crutches. I would not do anything to perpetuate the problem. Additionally and importantly, I would use the night splint to help in the healing process (it really works if you can put up with it). If that were too uncomfortable, I'd use the Strassberg Sock. I'd keep off the foot. Knowing what I know now (about me) I would wait a few months, and then start to gently stretch, the wall stretch, then later the footflex.

Of course this won't help everybody as some need medical intervention, but perhaps this will help somebody.

Re: What I would do knowing what I know now

Carole C in NOLA on 10/02/04 at 09:30 (160887)

Bob, what a great post! I have also been free of PF pain for quite some time, and would do pretty much the same thing.

Another thing that I would do is to order some books online, to be delivered to me at home. When I was in pain and staying off my feet, all I could think of was wanting to exercise and move around. But once I was better and could do that, I realized that there were several books that I really, really wanted to read and could have been reading! Instead I was catching up on all the shopping and errand running that I hadn't been able to do, for so long, and didn't get around to reading those books for a few months.

Carole C