Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

EWST seems the next step, but what kind and where?

Posted by Paul S on 10/07/04 at 11:09 (161099)

I developed a fairly severe case of plantar faciaitis whuile training/running a marathon about 3 years ago. I have tried cortisone injection,orthotics,rest (no running for a year), 3 months of physical therapy, ART (applied release therapy) and still have the problem. An MRI done a year plus ago showed significant inflamation. Recent ultrasound suggested the same. Yes, I still try to run a little. I can get away with 30 minutes about 3 times a week without significant pain most of the time.

I am told the next step is either EWST or surgery but I think I like EWST better. I live in central VA, the Shenendoah Valley. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks.

Re: EWST seems the next step, but what kind and where?

Dr. Z on 10/07/04 at 16:53 (161111)

Hi
We have doctors in Va doing ESWT. If you would like additional information regarding ESWT just e-mail Dr. Z at foot.care @verizon.net and I will be very happy to have one of our ESWT coordinators contact you an arrange for an ESWT consultion in Va.

Re: EWST seems the next step, but what kind and where?

Misty T on 10/08/04 at 17:37 (161185)

I had EWST done for my PF and it didn't work, maybe it will for you.

Good luck!