Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

best inserts/shoes

Posted by lisa71 on 10/07/04 at 12:49 (161102)

What are the best shoes slash inserts you have bought? Perferably not expensive.

Re: best inserts/shoes

Linda V on 10/07/04 at 17:32 (161113)

lisa,
my best over the counter ones are the full length green superfeet...but if you go to a GOOD shoe store..they might be able to guide you. everyone has different problems and different things work for different people.

Misty T on 10/08/04 at 17:33 (161184)

I just got some inserts for my shoes and they are great. They are called Alznner Orthotic. The only place you can get them is in Gatlinburg TN. They do prints of your feet then decide what size you need. The cost was 200.00, but so far they have been worth it. My uncle has worn them for 10 years and he is pain free.. The lady there told me that it would take time before it works, to be patient. If anyone would like info let me know.

Misty T on 10/08/04 at 18:01 (161186)

The website for the Alznner Orthotic is http://www.goodfeet.com

Suzanne D. on 10/09/04 at 15:13 (161216)

Misty, I am glad the inserts are working for you. Actually, there are Good Feet stores in different locations - one I have seen myself in Louisville, Kentucky.

There have been many posts here about these inserts, and you can find them by typing in 'Good Feet Stores' in the search function on this site. The main criticism I have read was that they are basically a prefab device sold at custom prices.

But I am not trying to knock something that is helping you or that helped your uncle! I also have a friend who wears the inserts which she got in Louisville, and she says it was money well spent.

Our feet are all unique, and it seems to take a combination of different methods to help us heal. And that is what we all are looking for - healed feet!

Best wishes,
Suzanne :)

Misty T on 10/09/04 at 17:44 (161226)

After I found the website I realized that there are stores out there. The closest one for me is TN.