Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

For Rachael

Posted by Linda V on 10/07/04 at 17:39 (161115)

So..where do you winter in Florida? Maybe we can go shoe-shopping!! lol...

Re: For Rachael

RACHAEL T. on 10/07/04 at 21:30 (161122)

Hey Linda, Wellington, Fla - sounds great. We've not gone there - but intend to try to do so this year as Wellington (I have heard) is quite horsey! And, I've been a prof. show horse trainer for about 25 years (till PF onset forced me into retirement). I weaned myself away from training over the past 3 years of PF - & Now, I ride just my own 2 horses that I also take care of here at our homestable. We stayed in Micco last year (which is between Melbourne & Sebastian.) Unfortunately, our area was the point of landfall of the last 2 hurricanes - I am unsure if we will be able to rent the same home that we did last year, due to the damages in the area. I am hopeful though as we truly did like the location better than the previous Gulf Coast hustle bustle, tourist-y feeling. Yes, maybe we can shoe shop!!! Smiling as I type that.

Linda V on 10/08/04 at 08:35 (161140)

Rachael,
Wellington is quite a varied little community. Very nice, pretty upscale, far enough inland to not have too,too many snowbird and tourist types....and horses? It is the home of some of the most famous pollo matches in the world! Prince Andrew comes to them. There are horse places all around Wellington, Royal Palm Beach and Loxahatachee. I hope you DO check out the area..I know there are several very nice apartment complexes that do short term rentals, as well as beachy locations in boynton, delray, or pompano. I wonder if I can someday find a sandal I will be able to wear....sighhh...I suffer from shoe-lust...my clunky new balance just aren't going to be very sexy with a cute little sundress.

Kathy G on 10/08/04 at 09:01 (161144)

Linda,

Have you tried any Josef Seibels? I have good luck with a style called Leah. They're sandals and they have velcro straps so they work out well for me with my narrow feet. I wore JS's in a different style prior to getting PF.

They have some cute styles. If you do a google search, you'll see many vendors. I actually got my Leah's, brand new, on Ebay.

Alec's in Nashua carries a limited variety and so does Evans over in Townsend.

I only wore the Leah's to my nephews wedding this past summer but they worked out quite well. Shortly after the wedding, my PF started to act up (not due to wearing the Leah's) and I never felt that I could wear them again but I'm hoping for next year!

Yes, to be able to wear a sundress again. Now I choose my clothes based on how they'll look with running shoes. Luckily, I've always worn jeans and khakis in the winter, except of course, in the good old days when I worked. And I always wear khaki shorts in the summer with which I think the running shoes look stupid but that's the way it goes.

Ah, how I miss the good old days when my only concern was to find shoes that were narrow enough and comfortable enough to wear - when I actually had to choose between more than one pair....... Yes, things could be worse but I sure do miss those days!