Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Swollen foot & heel pain

Posted by Emily M on 10/07/04 at 20:59 (161121)

I have had severe heel pain & a slightly swollen foot for about 6 months. I have seen 3 different doctors who can not seem to make things better. With a PF is foot swelling normal. When I wake up in the am the swelling is pretty much gone but when I get up & start walking on it, the swelling comes back. The swelling gets better when I wear tennis shoes. I just want to have a normal foot again. Is this normal?? Has any one else experienced this???? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Swollen foot & heel pain

Lori S. on 10/08/04 at 01:26 (161133)

Emily,

I have had swelling for a long time with PF. Worse after being on my feet more. Is your doctor treating this as PF? If you havent seen some type of foot doctor, I would suggest seeing one, before it gets out of hand. So you can start the healing process. What things have you tried? You should read the heel pain book. This is an excellent place to find information on PF. I would post this question to the ask the doctor board too, since I really dont know if its normal. But, with my PF i have had significant swelling. Hope this helps
hope you feel better,
Lorinda

Emily M on 10/08/04 at 13:53 (161164)

Lorinda,
Thank you so much! At least I know that I am not crazy & loosing my mind. I have exercises that I do to stretch the foot but they do not seem to be helping. Our insurance does not cover podiatrist so I am just seeing my gp. I guess I should just suck it up & see a podiatrist. I wonder if an orthopedist could help me with this prob. I am sure they are covered.
Thanks again!
Emily

Lori S. on 10/13/04 at 01:45 (161385)

Emily,

I would suggest reading the heel pain book here. If you have PF you want to see a doc, before it gets out of control. An orthopedic doc should be able to help you, if thats what is covered by insurance. Its okay to do things at home, stretches, etc, just be careful that you are not reinjuring you foot/feet. I hope you feel better soon.
Lorinda

talesha h. on 8/01/05 at 20:51 (179682)

what does a swollen foot and ankle mean? where do they come from? i was thinking maybe getting bit by something but i really don't know

John H on 8/02/05 at 10:04 (179728)

Swollen feet can be symptomatic of many conditions. Do a search under Google using 'swollen Feet'. You will find more than you can read. Good luck. Sprains and weight are a couple of things that come to mind. Even diet.