Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT

Posted by christyw on 10/08/04 at 00:53 (161131)

Hello,
Just thought I would give an update on my condition. Things are going well. I am supposed to go back to work on November 1st. When I went to the doctor on Wednesday he told me that he had gotten my denial on ESWT from my insurance. That is what I was supposed to have done(it's what the doctor suggested). I was in so much pain and could not wait for an answer. It took them 3 months to determine this!!!! I am glad I went on with the surgery because I would have just now been getting started if I would have waited on the ESWT and still ended up having surgery. I still have some pain but I know it takes time to heal and I really believe that it will work and I will feel better.

Re: ESWT

Dr. Z on 10/09/04 at 19:48 (161227)

Christy
What is the name of your insurance company. I have never heard of an insurance company taking three months to pre-cert any procedure.

christyw on 10/10/04 at 16:30 (161252)

The name of my insurance company is cigna.

Dr. Z on 10/11/04 at 16:36 (161298)

Very tough insurance company to deal with. You may have to take legal action

christyw on 10/15/04 at 11:50 (161585)

I have had a really rough time with my insurance company. Everytime I go back to the doctor for PT they send a form for my doctor to fill out. I am having a hard time getting them to pay my surgery and PT bills. They always send me something saying they need more information. When I call them they say they will reprocess it and it is the same thing the next week. I have to have PT 2 times a week so everyday in the mail I recieve something from the insurance company. It is crazy!!! Another thing is I have been off of work since July 6th and haven't recieved a dime of short term disability. They say I should know something today. They had to do an investigation. I had to send a list of doctors that I had been to in the last 2 years. I thought they meant with my foot but I was wrong. They wanted EVERYTHING!!!! Even the pharmacies that I had went to. This whole insurance thing is CRAZY!!!!