Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

thumb's up for dr. sandell

Posted by some girl from paris on 10/09/04 at 20:56 (161231)

Hi everyone,

Last July, John from MN mentioned that 'some girl from paris' was flying over to be seen by Dr. Sandell. Well, I am that girl, and here's a bit about my experience being treated by the doc.

If you just want the headline, I highly recommend Dr. Sandell (and I've seen many doctors in my time). So, if you can, go see him. Now, for the long version...

First off, a bit of my health background. I'm under 30, and I've had PF on both feet for 3 years. (I had great ART on my feet for a while, which really helped me get back to being active but never solved the problem.) In addition, I was pinned between two cars when I was a teenager, leading to an ACL reconstruction that was surgically successful, but I've had instability and pain in my knee ever since. I have also been battling with lower back pain for over 5 years and broke my collarbone twice (soccer and snowboarding), leading to much tightness in my upper body and hand problems. All of this to say, I've seen a LOT of top-notch doctors, have had over 3 years of different physical therapies, cortisone injections in my back, nerve induction tests, blah, blah, blah.

My first visit with Dr. Sandell was 3 hours long. The plan was to have an hour and a half evaluation and then a treatment on both feet. Due to my various issues, the evaluation took nearly the entire time. It was awesome! I really appreciated the detailed physical exam that he performed. He then took time to explain to me his findings. I had two treatments per foot that week with him and made the decision that I believed he could help me.

Since then, I have had one 2 and 1/2 week visit to my new favorite state where I was treated by Dr. Sandell each day (working on my feet 3 times per week). During that relatively short period, progress was made in many parts of my body, but nothing was resolved (as expected). So, I'm BACK for another 2 and 1/2 week visit. Yeah!

I can't tell you unequivocally that Dr. Sandell will be able to solve my problems. Only time will tell that. But, given my excitement to be back in Minnesota, away from my husband and life in Paris, it's obvious that I believe in his treatments. Dr. Sandell is the best hope that I've had in a long time, and for this, I thank John from MN.

As for the discussion regarding whether or not Dr. Sandell is real, I understand the concern. There's a lot of crazy stuff that goes on over the internet. But I must admit that I find it a bit ironic, because I feel that for my non-surgical issues, I've finally met a 'real' doctor.

Re: thumb's up for dr. sandell

BLT on 10/16/04 at 22:01 (161668)

Maybe being far away from Chirac has helped a bit in the pain relief department eh? haha