Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

New Diagnosis

Posted by Not Happy on 10/10/04 at 13:43 (161242)

I have recently been diagnosed with TTS in both ankles. I am 22 years old and this horrible syndrome is leaving me crypled. I am so frustrated and i am looking for some support. I can't even go to the supermarket to do shopping cause my ankles get so painfull. My doctors have tried Celebrex, Naproxen, I was on Vioxx till the recall. I have had 12 cortisone injections in the past 25 days and they even did a nerve block injection. I have been wearing custom made orthodics that cost me a whopping $450. I have been wearing aircasts for the past 30 days with no relief. I went for a second opinion on friday and the doc says SURGERY!!! My wost fear coming true. I am terrified of surgery and would love to speak with peolple who have had this surgery. Any information or advice you can give me will be greatly appreciated. You can reach me by e-mail (email removed)

Thanks for your support.

Re: Info/Advice on surgery

LARA on 10/12/04 at 09:34 (161332)

I avoided surgery, so I don't have much to offer. There are some fairly recent threads on surgery. Sometimes changing the subject matters helps. Hope someone who knows more than I do responds.

I'm curious. You describe TTS in both ankles. Most of us talk about TTS in our feet, although the Tarsal Tunnel does run through the ankle! ARe your symptoms in your ankles or feet?

Re: Info/Advice on surgery

Brocha F. on 10/13/04 at 22:48 (161470)

I have symptoms in my ankles and feet. diagnosed with tts and pf.