Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

eswt and orthodic pain

Posted by jeannie m on 10/11/04 at 16:13 (161292)

I had eswt 3 weeks ago and was told by the shockwave people to start wearing orthodics a little at a time. After 3 weeks i really started to think the eswt was working as i felt a bit better. I wore the orthodics for about 5 hours yesterday and put them on first thing this morning. Well i got the worse horrible pain in my foot and could hardly walk. It has gotten a little better but is still very bad and such a dissapointment from 2 days ago. Do you think this pain is the overuse of the orthodics? should i stop using them until i see my doctor in 2 weeks and he can look at them. ? he is away.I did not break them in too slowly. Any ideas ?

Re: eswt and orthodic pain

Dr. Z on 10/11/04 at 16:31 (161296)

Jeannie,
If you have no pain wearing them for five hours and the orthosis aren't cutting into your feet start over again. Break them in slowly. Wear them one hour each day and add one hour to the day if you have no severe pain. ESWT takes months for complete resolution so try to be patient three weeks is just the beginning. Good luck