Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for those who have suffered from Chronic PF.

Posted by dud on 10/12/04 at 14:45 (161345)

I was diagnosed with PF 2 years ago in both feet. My Doctor tried all the conservative treatments and it didn't seem to get better. I recently had ESWT in both feet. The good news is that I have virtually no heel pain. They do not hurt at all in the morning or at the end of a day on my feet. However, my feet just ache most of the day all over. I know that is not very descriptive..but I seem to have vague pains on the bottom of my feet throughout the day. However..I don't seem to have the classic PF symptoms and the no heel pain makes me think I may not have PF any more???

On some good days..I 'feel' like I could go out and run a mile or two. (I used to be an avid long distance runner before PF), however I cannot get up the nerve to run again.

Can Chronic PF leave your feet sore for awhile even after the PF goes away? Or could I have problems with my orthotics? I am seeing my POD on Thursday. Best of luck to everyone.

Re: Question for those who have suffered from Chronic PF.

SteveG on 10/12/04 at 15:00 (161346)

What you describe is not unusual. After ESWT my heel pain just about disappeared. However, I still have some discomfort in my arches and behind the toes. Many others have also reported this over the last few years. PF refers to a problem anywhere along the fascia, so my guess is you still have PF, but of a more distal nature. You could talk to your pod about this and see what he/she has to say.

Re: Question for those who have suffered from Chronic PF.

Tina H on 10/12/04 at 19:25 (161369)

How long ago did you have ESWT? If it hasn't yet been 12 weeks, don't think you should be making judgements as they say it can take up to 12 weeks or even longer to feel the full benefits of ESWT. Maybe you will continue to improve, let's hope so. Good Luck!