Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

Posted by Shelle B on 10/12/04 at 15:48 (161350)

I have been diagnosed with TTS by one doctor, who states that this is not work-related. I stand and walk over 8 hours a day. So now because of this statement I have been denied workers compensation. I have not been ordered back to work yet, but it is only a matter of time. I have been off work for 2 months and now the pain is unbearable at times. I am not taking any medication now since I have been denied workers comp. I can hardly stand at times and forget about taking long walks, can't do that anymore. My legs and feet burn all the time. What should I do?

Shelle B

Re: Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

Ed Davis, DPM on 10/12/04 at 16:28 (161357)

Shelle:
Workers comp. or not, you need treatment. You can protest the Worker's Comp decision but that can take time. Find a good worker's comp. attorney but don't let that delay treatment too long since WC can always come through in the future even after standard insurance has paid (known as subrogation).
Ed

Re: Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

Susan R. on 10/13/04 at 20:45 (161455)

Hi. I had ESWT 2 yrs ago for plantar fascitis. I have had no pain since. However, this summer I decided that instead of my usual 3-5 mile daily walk I should try jogging. Not a good idea at the age of 45 to start a jogging program apparently. Anyways, since then I began having arch pain...maybe due to my orthotics, or the running or both. I saw my podiatrist today and he gave me a cortisone cocktail in the nerve...dx: Baxters neuritis. He prescribed some neurontin but I'm worried about taking it because I know it can make you drowsy and I'm a critical care nurse. He also discussed TTS. I only work 3 days a week, but I work 12 hr. shifts and am mostly standing. Suggestions, comments, advice all welcome.