Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasciitis

Posted by jmac625 on 10/12/04 at 18:05 (161364)

Ive been dealing with this hell for about 9 months, ive been to a foot dr.
and ive bought the arch support inserts, I stretch, I ice, I take anti-inflamatory type meds, and I wear a night splint. I cant win !!!!
Ive had this before and it never has lasted this long, im a firefighter so im on my feet alot and i dont have the best shoes or boots, but im at wits end and about to go nuts. is there anything that i can do to start to get this thing over any help would be very appreciated.

Re: plantar fasciitis

Clara G on 10/12/04 at 19:37 (161370)

Hi, I have the same problem as you have in my right foot, My doctor gave me three cortozone shots, I used iced every day, did foot exercises, and I went to a massage therapist for treatment of my lower right leg.

After the massage therapist, I got a little better and then I started used a night splint called the Strassburg sock. You wear it when you are watching t.v. at night and it stretches the muscles for a couple of hours.

Maybe you can try a couple of these ideas to get better. Good luck.

p morgan on 10/13/04 at 09:10 (161403)

When I read your message I could really relate. I had my first flare up in 2000. After doing exactally what you did I had success afer about 2years. Now It has reoccred and is awful. I still do streaches, ice,anit-inflamatorys and wear a night splint. I had also had cortisone injections and physical therapy and pain meds. This past week was the worst. Now I have swelling and am on crutches. It throbs and has shooting pains in my heel. Now we are investigating surgery. Just had to respond. Good luck.

jmac625 on 10/13/04 at 18:03 (161449)

Thank you for the reply, its ironic that while i sit here and type this message i have a frozen water bottle under my foot, and im getting ready to take my nightly cocktail of ibuprofin and lortab, because tomorrow i will be in bunker boots all day, i will say that if you find shoes that fit perfect with a good insert that helps somewhat. good luck and thanks again.