Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

post ESTW question docs?

Posted by Lori S. on 10/13/04 at 02:00 (161388)

I am 2 weeks post ESTW. I have noticed a nerve pain in my little toe. In fact I can touch a place on my ankle and send a pain down to that toe. Is this normal?.... Will this go away? Is it due to swelling? ( I do have swelling, so i have been thinking this is a contributing factor, until i was rubbing my feet and hit that place on my ankle, it kinda worried me.)
Thanks for your help docs,,, we all appreciate it,
Lorinda

Re: post ESTW question docs?

Tiger1 on 10/13/04 at 12:39 (161427)

My feet feel much worse after my first ESWT treatment. My feet are burning me more than ever, and my legs ache. I had calf muscle pain for three days after the treatment, but this has eased now. I can not put my feet to the ground now, they feel 'raw' and very very painful. Should i have another ESWT treatment. I read that this treatment is not suitable for people with acute PF, which I have had for four years now. Thank you

Re: post ESTW question docs?

Lori S. on 10/13/04 at 23:48 (161472)

Tiger...

I am not a doc.... but how long ago was your first ESTW? It can take up to 6 months to feel the full affect of the treatment... you should read the heel pain book here online, get more info from your doctor. Hope you feel better...
Lorinda