Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Need Some Help, Please!

Posted by Mary on 10/13/04 at 17:26 (161443)

I'm a runner, i've been running for years but i have never had any problems on my achilles nor my Calves, besides recently developing lot of pain at the bottom & top of my foot, i have also developed severe stiffness,soreness and Pain on my shins and back of my calves. Its is weird but my achilles and my calves do not hurt at all when i run or walk, they hurt when i pin-point them, i try to message the are daily but it is too painful!, as soon as i put some pressure on my calf or my shin, i feel a tremendeous pain! has anyone experience this? I would really appreciate any advice!

Re: Need Some Help, Please!

Annette on 10/14/04 at 08:56 (161483)

My sister who is now training for her 20th marathon, was going through something similar, and she found that she was deficient in magnesium once she started a diet eating food rich in magnisium, given to her by her DR.
As of now, the pain in her calf,and achillies stopped( I don't remember her having a problem with her shin though) . It took a good 3 weeks for her to feel a difference.
hope this helps

Re: Need Some Help, Please!

Mary on 10/14/04 at 11:02 (161491)

Thanks for the Info. Annette.......I'll give that a try.......i really hope is only that though! and not something else serious.