Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS surgery results

Posted by Faye on 10/13/04 at 18:13 (161450)

I have been dx with TTS via nerve conduction test - moderate in severity. I have had steroid infusion, PT for 2 months, corrective orthodics, rest, elevation of feet. The next step is surgery. I also have peroneal compression with muscle damage on outside of this leg as well as sciatica bilaterally. What is the success rate for decompression of TTS? Has anyone had good results? I have been advised to have decompression of the peroneal nerve at the knee when I have the TTS surgery. I have been dealing with this pain for over a year with the inability to walk longer than 15 minutes without having to sit down. What would be the result if no surgery is done? My doctor was unable to tell me. Also, who is the best doctor to perform this type of surgery - a podiatrist or an orthopedic doctor specializing in foot disorders???

Re: TTS surgery results

Carol D on 10/18/04 at 13:06 (161728)

I suggest you do a search on this site as many people have posted information on results of TTS surgery. I had surgery in June 2003 and had very good results, but recovery is a long slow process. I had had a year of severe pain and great difficulty getting an accurate diagnosis. After considerable effort, I found a foot and ankle orthopoedist who had experience and training in nerve compression problems. I was lucky that an MRI showed a tumor on the nerve which he removed. Good luck in your search to find what will be best for you.

Re: TTS surgery results

Terry D. on 10/20/04 at 19:56 (161864)

Hi Carol,
Just curious do you know if your surgeon also opened the tunnels in addition to removing the tumor?
Thanks,
Terry

Re: To Carol

Terry D. on 10/23/04 at 11:18 (162019)

Just curious did the surgeon also open up your tunnels or just remove the tumor from the nerve?
Thanks,
Terry

Re: Scar Tissue

denise g on 11/11/04 at 09:48 (163532)

I have a terrible in my ankle above the incision, physical therapist says it is scar tissue and she will work on breaking it up and I need to do exercizes , has anyone else had this?
Denise