Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PRE SURGURY

Posted by TB on 10/13/04 at 20:10 (161452)

I HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL RECOMMENDED TREATMENTS FOR HEEL SPUR AND NOW HAVE RESORTED TO SURGURY.AM NERVOUS AND WONDERING WHAT TO EXPECT AND WHAT THE SURGURY CONSITS OF TO REMOVE SPUR.PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK IF YOU CAN THANK YOU

Re: PRE SURGURY

Pat on 10/13/04 at 21:46 (161459)

I'm also set for this surgery on November 3rd. This is the second time I'm having the surgery done and I'm not happy about it. The first one, on my left foot, was 10 years ago and unfortunately everything that could possibly go wrong DID! And I think the way that I walk and the fact that all the weight hits in the wrong place on the Right foot is what caused me to have plantar faschitis again. This is the second round with the right food. What you have to remember is that everyone reacts different to the surgery. I think my problems were due to a Podiatrist that didn't know what he was doing. The doctor I have now has excellent qualifications and I feel comfortable with him. I'm also taking a month off from work. I know alot of people don't have that luxury because I get paid for it but I really think some of the problems I had the last time was because I used my foot to soon. I'm not a runner or athletic or anything so it was simple walking around etc. but I still think you need to keep off it for a period of time. When is your surgery? If you want some additional information or have any questions you can email me at (email removed)