Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dansko clogs

Posted by jeannie m on 10/14/04 at 15:51 (161515)

Does anyone know if dansko clogs are good if you have plantar fascitis ?

Re: Dansko clogs

josh on 10/14/04 at 17:28 (161527)

Yep, although I'd slice the bottom like Scott R. describes in his book to improve the flexibility of the toe region. You must use a very sharp utility knife and use a fair amount of elbow grease. There is a hard plastic piece you'll run into that will stop your knife and prevent you from cutting the shoes in half.

Re: Dansko clogs

Dorothy on 10/14/04 at 19:55 (161540)

Jeanne M. ~
I am a person who has posted often about Dansko clogs here. I have worn them for many years - before any foot/leg problems as well as since. My opinion is that they are wonderful, comfortable, supportive shoes. They fit my feet very nicely and there are days when I have had unusual pain and I put them on and they just make things feel good. I love Danskos and have recommended them often. Doctors, chefs, nurses and all manner of people who are on their feet for long periods of time swear by them. That said, they are not the only shoes that I wear. Like most people here, I find that rotating the wearing of a variety of shoes is helpful - for whatever reasons - and that is one of the ways that these problems can be expensive! I alternate among my beloved Danskos, Brooks 'sneakers', New Balance 'sneakers', Birkenstock sandals, and a shoe called Klogs that can be very comfortable with a PowerStep insert in it. Right now I am wearing the Birkenstock High Arch Tatami sandal, a new style for me and one that john h recommended here. I am finding it very comfortable. In my opinion, you can't beat Danskos, but not everyone agrees on any one type of shoe. If you are interested, http://www.footprints.com has some styles that are being discontinued at a very low price for Danskos; footprints is a shoe store in Lawrence, Kansas and they're very nice folks. Good luck.