Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS & Neurotin

Posted by Vern S. on 10/19/04 at 10:34 (161783)

After all the tests my DPM advised he does not know what causes the burning and pain in both feet, but could try to release the nerve in the heel to see if it is TTS (despite the negative tests). I asked about trying Neurotin to see if it's effectiveness helped indicate if I really have TTS. Was surprised he said sure give it a try. Does this sound reasonable? Thanks for any comments.

Re: TTS & Neurotin

SteveG on 10/19/04 at 10:58 (161785)

I am not a doctor, but to consider surgery without a diagnosis seems pretty misguided to me. I would not release the nerve unless I had a clear indication that it was the source of the problem.

Darlene on 10/19/04 at 11:23 (161787)

Would he release the nerve in the heel or the posterior tibial nerve near the ankle bone? This nerve branches into the calcaneal nerve which then goes to the heel. I guess the key is to find the point of entrapment. Neurograms claim to do that, but I have no personal experience.

Vern S. on 10/19/04 at 11:50 (161792)

He only said ...release the nerve in the back of the heel. I'll ask about a neurogram. Tks

Darlene on 10/19/04 at 13:36 (161795)

Here's the website http://www.neurography.com

I don't think many doctors have heard of it.

Terri on 10/19/04 at 22:02 (161814)

I sure agree with Steve, sounds irresponsible to me on planning surgery when you don't know what the problem is.

Try the neurontin and see if it helps. I went back on it after trying not to take it for awhile and have noticed a big difference. Doesn't make it go away but at least I'm sleeping at night now.

Skull on 11/08/04 at 12:08 (163236)

Neurotin helps me a lot. It doesn't completely make me better but it has helped tremendously.