Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Suzanne D.- Insurance problem solved?

Posted by Kathy in Ky on 10/20/04 at 20:34 (161870)

Suzanne- Did the KY legistature plan for insurance help your family? My husband is going with the flex plan & staying on my insurance. Now if our state govt. could just come up with an overall budget as fast as they solved the insurance problem. (hmmm-Election Day soon)

Re: Suzanne D.- Insurance problem solved?

Suzanne D. on 10/20/04 at 21:24 (161871)

The plan that has just passed is significantly better than the first options offered, and I read today that the proposed strike by KEA has been cancelled.

I really haven't had time yet to go over it 'with a fine tooth comb', but my husband says from what he's read that it is still inferior to what we had this year. We have a $500 deductible in the new plan as well as other differences. We also have not heard yet in our district if our large county hospital is going to accept the insurance. They had said earlier they would not, yet we keep getting reports that are 'optimistic' that something will be worked out between them. I hope so.

Still, the cost will be about what I've paid this year, and so I am thankful that we have had improvements to the plan due to the legislative special session. Thanks for asking!

Suzanne :)

Re: Suzanne D.- Insurance problem solved?

Kathy G on 10/21/04 at 09:03 (161885)

So glad they solved the insurance problem although a $500 deductible is high. And it's pretty useless insurance if they won't take it at your county hospital. Here's hoping they work it out!